Sunday 16 April 2017

Week Fifteen

Wednesday - 4 miles
Friday - 3 miles
Saturday - 1 hour 15 mins (7.5 miles)
Sunday - 1 hour (5 miles)

On Wednesday I went for a gentle post-marathon recovery jog, in Kennington again but this time I wasn't in a rush so I managed to go all the way to the park.  I was slow but that was fine:
I wasn't planning to do another weekday run this week but I woke up at 5.40am on Friday morning and realised I could get to Project Awesome if I hustled.  I haven't been for a couple of months as having to be at placement for 8am made the logistics impossible, so I rushed off and it was SO lovely to see everyone again (even if I was late and actually did very little running)....
It was a gorgeous morning and the view was spectacular:
 Left photo credit: Joon Wong

Then on Saturday I just did a gentle trail run around Horsham.  I tried to avoid the massive hills for once and pootled round some nice fields instead.  I also saw my first bluebells of the year!
Today is my birthday.  I got an email earlier from Midnight Runners that said, "Happy birthday to you!  So, are you going for a celebratory run today? ;-)"

The answer is obviously YES!  Toby's birthday treat was a night in a country hotel so we were lucky enough to go for a very pleasant and leisurely jog around the Sussex countryside.  It was only short but plenty of hills, bluebells, lakes and only a small amount of getting lost!
Toby also got me literally the most amazing birthday cake I've ever had, how freaking cool is this?! 


If you would've bought me a pint if you were seeing me on my birthday, please consider donating the money to my fundraising for GSTT KPA instead.  It'll make me smile on my birthday and makes the world a better place :)  If you see me in the next few days, you might even get a slice of cake...  Can't say fairer than that!

This is the last blog post until after the ultra, so thank you very much for reading and fingers crossed I survive to update you with how it all went...

1 comment: